Ebates.com, the pioneer and leader in online cash back shopping, today announced findings from its Ebates 2012 Holiday Wish List Survey. The national survey of more than two-thousand adults conducted online on its behalf by Harris Interactive in November 2012 discovered that clothing was the number one most-wanted gift this holiday (33%), followed by a vacation (28%). Rounding out the top ten most-wanted gifts by adults are: Laptop (20%), Tablet (18%), Android/iPhone Smartphone (17%), Jewelry (17%), Homemade Gift (16%), Spa Day (16%), Tickets to a sporting event (13%) and latest E-reader (8%).
When it comes to the top gift choices, answers vary by gender:
- More women want clothes versus men (38% versus 28%)
- More men want tickets to a sporting event (18% versus 9%)
- More women want E-readers like the Kindle or Nook (10% versus 5%)
- 5% of men did say they would like a spa day (versus 26% of women)
While parents may not rate electronics as their top gift choices, they are certainly in tune with what their kids want for a holiday gift. When asked what they thought their kids under the age of 18 would most want for a holiday gift, they answered:
- Latest Android or iPhone (15%); while 21% of 8-18 year olds said this in the complimentary youth 2012 Holiday Wish List Survey.
- Latest Tablet or mini tablet (15%); while 14% of youth said this
- Clothes (10%); while 11% of youth said this
The Ebates Holiday Wish List for 2012 also found more than three quarters of adults plan to shop online this year (78%). Most of those shoppers (85%) are indeed going to look for deals like cash back, free shipping, and coupon codes.
The top ways to save money when shopping online, include:
- Use free shipping offers – 70%
- Use coupon codes – 61%
- Shop on discount days – 49%
- Stack or “bundle” Coupons – 21%
- Use a cash back site – 21%
- Use reviews or blogs for advice – 21%
- Look for double reward days – 17%
- Subscribe to an online coupon service – 12%
- Take advantage of student discounts - 7%
“We know most shoppers are going to spend their money wisely this year, either on a gift for themselves or for a loved one,” added Johnson. “With a majority of adults shopping online to save time and money this holiday season, Ebates is offering the smartest way to shop with great deals including double cash back and free shipping at hundreds of stores.”
The Ebates Black Friday and Cyber Monday promotions run through November 26th.