As another season of Top Chef comes to an end one of its most famous graduates is about to hit Los Angeles with his debut book. Chef and restaurateur Richard Blais, whose debut book Try This at Home: Recipes from My Head to Your Plate was just released on February 26 will be doing book signings in March and to help get you ready, Splash Magazines Worldwide is going to give one lucky ready an autographed copy of this book.
Chef Richard quickly gained stardom with his creative and unique dishes, but in Try This at Home: Recipes from My Head to Your Plate (Clarkson Potter/Publishers; on sale February 26, 2013; $30.00; Hardcover), his first cookbook, Richard reveals a simplified approach to adventurous cooking by sharing new flavor combinations and textures to reinvent home cooks’ classic dishes.
To Richard the most thrilling aspect of cooking is makingpeople happy. In TRY THIS AT HOME he shares 125 delicious and interesting recipes that are full of surprise and flavor and are sure to please any table of diners. Each recipe is straightforward enough to make at home, but for those who want to try using liquid nitrogen or a sous vide machine, he offers fun variations to his recipes that add another level of excitement in the kitchen.
• WAKING UP: Oatmeal Risotto, Cinnamon Brioche “French Toast” Skewers, Country-Fried Steak with Sausage-Milk Gravy
• NEW CLASSICS + OLD-SCHOOL FAVORITES: Vidalia Onion Rings with Beer Mustard, English Muffin Pizzas, Pâté Melt
• SNACKS, SIDES, SOUPS + SALADS: Newer England Clam Chowder, Charred Artichokes with Smoky Lemon Aioli, Pork-Belly-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
• PASTAS + IMPASTAS: Pressure-Cooker Bolognese, Macaroni + Headcheese, Squid “Linguine with Shrimp
• BIRDS IN HAND: Arroz con Pollo, Lemon-Curd-+-Black-Pepper-Roasted Chicken, Quail Potpie
• FINS, SHELLS + SCALES: Crab Cakes with Brussels Sprouts Slaw, Barbecue Broiled Oysters with Chorizo + Green Apple, Prawns ’n’ Polenta
• MEAT: Grilled Rib Eye with Spiced Corn on the Cob, Salisbury Steak, Pan-Seared Spiced Pork Chops with Microwave Applesauce
• SWEETNESS: Sticky Pudding with Scotch Sauce, Black-Olive Chocolate Cake, Parmesan Cheesecake with Dates + Almonds
To promote the launch of Try This at Home, Blais, owner of acclaimed restaurants The Spence and Flip Burger Boutique, will host book signings at the following locations:
When: Tuesday, March 5 at 6:00pm
339 N. Beverly Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Barnes & Noble
When: Wednesday, March 6 at 7:00pm
1201 3rd Street
Santa Monica, CA 90401
For more information on Chef Richard, visit: www.RichardBlais.net
For a chance to win an autographed copy of Try This at Home: Recipes from My Head to Your Plate, follow @SplashMagWW on twitter and retweet the following:
Retweet: Try This at Home #RichardBlais autographed book #Giveaway from @SplashMagWW http://tinyurl.com/cnhyfov
Winner will be chosen from all valid entries on Monday, March 4th 2013 and will be notified via their twitter.com handle.
Published on Feb 27, 2013