á LA Mode Productions hosted its premier event “Designers’ Night Out” that served as the kick off to Los Angeles Fashion Week at the Sofitel Beverly Hills’ Riviera 31 Lounge.
The red carpet affair was an intimate gathering of leading industry insiders from the Los Angeles fashion community and top LA-based couture, ready-to-wear, beauty, and accessories designers. Each of the featured designers showcased their creations on their personal muse(s):
- Lloyd Klein with his muse Ivy Levan (Interscope recording artist)
- Dalia MacPhee with her muse Nia Peeples (Actress, Pretty Little Liars)
- Mike Vensel with his muses Sarah Alena and Karrueche Tran (model and girlfriend of Chris Brown)
- Louis Verdad with his muse Finnish model Mari Lu
- Sue Wong with her muses Brandise Danesewich and Kayd Currier
- Vilaiwan Fine Jewelry’s Joe Vilaiwan with his muse Jacqueline Depaul
- Michael Costello with his muse Tia Shipman
- Gordana Gehlhausen with her muses Natasha Gehlhausen and Alana Hillen
- Alexis Monsanto with his muses Olga Aleksa (Miss Russian LA), Janine Tugunon, and KD Aubert (Actress, The Scorpion King)
- Bohemian Society’s Victor Wilde with his muse Nix Mione
- Klein Epstein & Parker’s Miray & Jeroen Bik with their muse Seth B.
- Chagoury Couture’s Gilbert Chagoury with his muse Amel Najjar
- V&G Hipwear’s Valohna Wynn & Gayle Weintraub with their muse Dahn Dior Ballard (Actress, The Bernie Mac Show)
- Uriel Saenz with his muse Courtney Dickson
- Walter Mendez with his muse celebrity Sarah Stage
The event served as an intimate gathering of designers, industry professionals, and media amidst drinks, hors d’ouevres, and a beauty brow bar presented by Cella Cosmetics. Cake Studio Los Angeles provided mini-cupcakes adorned with fondant high heels and dresses while Hula Girl Beverages and Sacacuento Mezcal provided tropical mixed cocktails and aged tequila drinks. In the outdoor lounge cabanas, title sponsor Anita, a European intimate apparel brand, displayed pieces from its Rosa Faia and Active collections while Caitlin Cutt of Southern California-based charity Breast Cancer Angels spoke to guests about her work.
In honor of October’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month, á LA Mode Productions will donate a portion of the event’s proceeds to Breast Cancer Angels, which is currently developing its Los Angeles emergency fund for local breast cancer patients. Anita donated over $2000 worth of products from their Anita Care line, which is geared toward post-mastectomy survivors, while Cella Cosmetics donated 10% of their profits to the charity. Designers’ Night Out also marked á LA Mode Productions’ debut in its mission to highlight Los Angeles fashion through the production of luxe events for the fashion industry.
ABOUT Á LA MODE PRODUCTIONS
Á LA MODE PRODUCTIONS was co-founded by SUSAN STEIN, Create Producer of Fashion Week El Paseo (a Palm Springs Life Magazine event) in Palm Desert, CA, and Fashion Editor of Palm Springs Life Magazine. A truly consummate professional with over thirty years of experience in the fashion and retail industries, Susan has not only gained an invaluable insider knowledge and cachet within these fields but has also established much deserved recognition for dependable expertise, creative strategies and delivering laudable results.
DOROTHY MANNFOLK, Á LA MODE PRODUCTIONS co-founder, began her PR career when she joined a specialty public relations firm handling media relations, special events planning, along with every aspect of accounts servicing for luxury fashion and retail clients. Recognizing a lack of effective public relations representation for the growing west coast fashion and beauty industries, she established Mannfolk Public Relations in 1998. Since then, she has successfully created and developed brand and product awareness for countless fashion, beauty, and lifestyle clients across all media channels.
Photos by - Felix Foto