During the recently SIMA 2013 International Agri-Business Show in Paris, Firestone came with some of its latest innovations for more efficient farming. The Firestone stand (Hall 5B, n° B115), well positioned amongst agricultural vehicle manufacturers, presents the three pillars of Firestone’s business approach to the agricultural industry:
- Innovative high-quality tires for more efficient farming;
- Agri Point – the European network of agricultural tire service professionals;
- E-tools that help make the farmer’s life easier.
Innovations displayed on the Firestone stand at SIMA 2013 include:
- The new Maxi Traction IF 800/70R38: a further expansion of Firestone’s high load-capacity and low soil-compaction heavy duty tractor tire range. Thanks to the larger footprint, this D-speed rated tire is the ideal candidate to replace 710/70R42 or 650/85R38 tires with a more soil-friendly alternative.
- The new Maxi Traction 800/65R32 tire for Combine vehicles: the optimal tire for this segment, combining high efficiency, high load capacity and low soil compaction in one tire.
- With the new Performer 270/95R48 Row Crop tire, Firestone is entering the sprayer market with tires featuring outstanding load carrying capacity, high speed index and accurate steering response – a combination that will certainly enhancer farming efficiency. In order to cover all specific sprayer needs, further size expansions of the Performer 85-90-95 series are planned in the coming months.
“With these new products, we provide agricultural vehicle operators with highly efficient long-life tires that not only reduce their operating costs, but also contribute to a better environment thanks to their low soil disturbance and compaction as well as their low fuel consumption” says Yves Kerstens, Managing Director, Commercial Business Unit, Bridgestone Europe
On the stand, a touchscreen module allows visitors to discover the Firestone agricultural tire line-up and learn how tires are manufactured. The displayed products in combination with Agri Point – the Firestone’s program is available to professional independent agricultural tire dealers – and systems like the Firestone tire pressure smart-phone application show visitors how Firestone provides a complete solution to farmers.
About Bridgestone Europe
Bridgestone Europe (BSEU), with European headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, is a key regional subsidiary of Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest manufacturer of tyres and other rubber products. Bridgestone Europe operates an R&D center, 8 plants and offices in more than 30 European countries, with over 13,000 employees. BSEU’s premium tyres are sold both within Europe and globally.
Published on Mar 02, 2013