National Car Care Authority, ASE Certified Technician and Owner of Pam's Motor City announces the Top 7 Emergency Auto Readiness Tips.
Autumn has arrived so now is the time to prepare yourself and your family's vehicle in case of an emergency. Are you prepared if you or a family member is stranded by an unexpected automotive emergency?
Plan for yours and your car's readiness before an evacuation order is issued by following these five tips.
- Have an Extra Set of Keys to the Vehicle
- Check the air pressure in your tires and keep a portable air pump or fix a flat in the vehicle
- Be Sure to get recommended factory-scheduled maintenance services
- Keep the fluid levels topped off (making sure antifreeze is conducive to winter weather)
- Fill the tank with gas
- Don't drive through standing water or snow banks and only drive on properly cleared roadways
- Keep a jump box for no crank starts
Pam Oakes is a fourth generation automotive technician. She has been an ASE Certified Technician since 1995. That same year, she started Pam's Motor City Automotive as the owner and sole employee. Now that same shop is thriving with over ten employees and the ability to work on multiple cars at the same time. Her successful shop has won several local, regional and national awards.
Pam has written two books, "Car Care for the Clueless: Or How You Can 'Make Money' While Maintaining Your Vehicle" and "Car Care for the Clueless: Successful Used Car Buying 101".
For seventeen years, Pam has not only built a thriving automotive care business but as an author and host of car care clinics, she has helped to bring car care education to the masses.
Pam Oakes is represented by Eclectic Media Productions and is available for interviews and speaking engagements.
Eclectic Media Productions is a national public relations and marketing firm providing strategic marketing, PR Services, communications planning and media outreach.
Published on Oct 19, 2012