Silicon Beach Fest announces the keynote speakers for the event include Mark Suster of GRP Partners and founder of Launchpad accelerator, and Nely Galan of Galan Entertainment, the first Latina president of Telemundo.
Silicon Beach Fest takes place June 19-22, 2013 in Santa Monica. This second annual fest brings together technology leaders, startup CEOs, investors, Hollywood studio executives, entrepreneurs, developers, students and more to celebrate LA’s dynamic technology industries with panels, workshops, hackathon, mixers, and a start-up showcase spotlighting 40 local startups.
More than 150 speakers include top executives from local accelerators, venture capitalists, entertainment powerhouses, brands, and emerging and established start-ups. Companies represented include: Disney, Warner Bros., ABC Family, Fox, Universal Music, Google, Facebook, Demand Media, MyLife, Riot Games, DFJ Frontier, Rustic Canyon, GRP Partners, Siemer and Associates, Marketshare, Saatchi Online, OMD, Ignited, Rubicon Project, Smashbox Cosmetics, NFL, UCLA, USC, and dozens of start-ups.
Silicon Beach Fest covers more than 30 topics that uniquely reflect LA’s strengths, including: Investors, Entrepreneurship, Entertainment, Games, Social Media, Digital Content, Advertising Technology, Design UX/UI, Fashion, and more. Panel titles include “Meet the Investors,” “Celebs and Startups,” “Fashion Content,” “Growing Your Online Audience,” and more.
Key Events include:
● June 14-16: Hackathon presented by AT&T will gather a few hundred developers, coaches, and business professionals who will create startup pitches at ROC Santa Monica. Sponsors include Esri, Scopely, and more offer more than $20,000 in prizes (http://beachfesthack.eventbrite.com/)
● June 17: Silicon Beach Fest: Pasadena Day, Hosted by Idealab (http://sbfpasadena.eventbrite.com/)
● June 18: Hollywood Day at Hollywood Economic Development Summit by Hollywood Chamber of Commerce
● June 19:
○ SBF Demo Day: More than a dozen curated LA startups will pitch at Cross Campus in categories including Accelerator, Startup 2.0, and launching at Silicon Beach Fest.
○ Digital Women's Luncheon invites leaders to network at Sonoma Wine Garden
○ Opening Party hosted by Demand Media with KCRW at the Viceroy
○ TechZulu Penthouse at ROC: TechZulu will livestream interviews and provide a place to network.
● June 20-21:
○ Start-up Showcase: 30-40 startups give company pitches to the community. Semi-final rounds Thursday June 20th, with judges selecting winners Friday, June 21st. Judges include investors, VCs, and local successful CEOs including MyLife CEO Jeff Tinsley, and Dollar Shave Club CEO Michael Dubin. (June 20 - 21) (http://sbfssapp.eventbrite.com/)
○ Thursday Night Fashion Party at Santa Monica Place
○ Thursday Night VIP Party hosted at Siemer and Associates and Cooley offices
○ Digital Content Track sponsored by Demand Media, featuring speakers from Machinima, Maker Studios, Fullscreen, ZEFR and more
○ Friday Night parties at Cross Campus and ROC.
● June 21
○ Panels: Developer, Arts/Education; Green, Good and Government
○ Beach Games: Surfing, volleyball, basketball and more
○ Saturday Night Closing Party by Media Temple
For Silicon Beach Fest 2013 schedule and registration, please visit: http://siliconbeachfest.com.
This year’s fest expands upon last year’s inaugural success, which attracted more than 2,000 attendees, received national press coverage, sparked collaboration among industries, and resulted in the creation of new start-ups.
“We’re thrilled to celebrate LA’s incredible talent and innovation,” said Silicon Beach Fest festival director Kevin Winston, CEO and founder of Digital LA, Los Angeles’ largest digital entertainment networking group, which created the Silicon Beach Fest. “LA’s tech environment has been growing rapidly and has been getting national and worldwide attention, as companies here continue to innovate and grow.”
“In 2012 over $3.2 billion was invested in Southern California start-ups with 220 new companies launching in Los Angeles. At least 100 companies secured funding of at least $1 million, and 43 were acquired. This year’s event further demonstrates the growing cohesiveness of the LA tech community and our desire to more prominently showcase to the outside world all the exciting opportunities and companies we have here.”
Current media partners include Los Angeles Times, PandoDaily, SoCalTech and VentureBeat. To inquire about being a media partner, please contact nicole (at) radixcollective.com. To request a press pass, please fill out the form on the press page: http://siliconbeachfest.com/press/
TechZulu, What's Trending and Business Rockstars radio will be covering live from Silicon Beach Fest via livestream, radio and social media.
Many companies, people, and initiatives share the mission to make LA a global epicenter for technological innovation and entrepreneurialism. Thanks to sponsors and supporters: Demand Media, Media Temple, AT&T, MyLife; organizing sponsors Digital LA, Radix Collective, Cross Campus, ROC Santa Monica, Santa Monica Place, TechZulu, PromoJam, Kluge Interactive, PageWoo, Dynamic Synergy Corporation and Non Profit Effect as well as dozens of additional sponsors and partners. Sponsorship opportunities are still available.
About Digital LA
Digital LA is the largest digital entertainment professional group based in LA, reaching more than 45,000 professionals weekly via its newsletter, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn groups. http://digitalla.net @DigitalLA
Published on Jun 19, 2013