Summer is just around the corner, and now is the time to begin planning your next getaway. You’ve labored all winter long, and have managed to make it halfway through the year, so why not take a little time to enjoy all the hard work you’ve done? Whether you want to get away on your own, explore a new destination with your family, or even just book a vacation for that special someone in your life, you certainly won’t be disappointed in taking a trip to the beautiful state of California.
The City of Los Angeles provides a host of things to do that are not only fun and adventurous, but affordable to all. Below are a few recommendations you might consider.
Simply Take a Cruise
If you’re one that enjoys the simple pleasure of driving on the open road, then you’ll enjoy a few of these ideas. Cruise down some of LA’s most picturesque roads and let your hair blow in the wind. Some of the best places to take a cruise include:
1. Mulholland Drive – If you don’t take a drive anywhere else in the city, make sure you visit Mulholland Drive. This roadway spans from the Hollywood Hills all the way down to the Pacific Ocean. You’ll enjoy taking in the sites and viewing the beautiful ocean as you pass by.
2. Pacific Coast Highway – Another highway famous for its picturesque views is the Pacific Coast Highway. This precious roadway spans along the coastline and is certainly a site to see.
3. Sunset Strip – If you’re the type of person that loves to “people watch” or enjoys being in the midst of it all then you’ll love taking a cruise down the Sunset Strip. There you will find some of the most popular hotels, fine dining, and shopping boutiques for your enjoyment.
A Taste of Celebrity Life
When most people think of Los Angeles, California, they think about the life of luxury, the rich and famous. If that sounds like something you’re interested in, these attractions are sure to peak your interests.
1. TCL Chinese Theatre – Looking to check out a feature film or maybe see the hand prints of one of your favorite celebrities? If so, you’re not going to want to miss taking a trip to the historic TCL Chinese Theatre. The building’s beautiful architectural features and exquisite designs are great for taking photos for your social media page.
2. Madame Tussauds Hollywood – While you might not be able to find your favorite celebrity walking down the streets of downtown LA, the Madame Tussauds Hollywood Museum is a great place to see some of the most famous celebrities to date (well in wax form that is).
Parks and Recreation
Love the great outdoors? Los Angeles has a great deal of attractions that you might be interested in. Check out these recommendations below:
1. Exposition Park – If you’re into nature and love to walk, then you’ll enjoy a visit to Exposition Park. There are five cultural attractions within the region, all within walking distance of each other. The attractions include a trip to the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, Rose Garden, California Science Center, California African American Museum, and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
2. Check Out a State Park – If you’re really into nature and wilderness, then you’re going to want to check out a few of the surrounding state parks. Some of the more popular attractions for those who love nature walks and hikes include: Malibu Creek State Park, and the Angeles National Forest.
Fun in the Sun
Another common reason people visit sunny California is for the beaches. If you’re coming down this way for a little fun in the sun, then you’ll enjoy the many selections of beaches available to you. LA has approximately 15 popular beaches while surrounding cities like San Diego have about 30. If you’re coming down with the hopes of getting your surf on, you’ll want to check out the San Diego surf report to make sure the weather and waves are just right.
There is certainly a lot to explore while here in the great city of Los Angeles. Whether you enjoy a little cruise, culture, celebrity life, parks and recreation, or you just want to bathe in the sun, you’re sure to find something that will meet your needs. The best part of all…it’s very affordable! So the next time you think you don’t have enough money to go on a fun vacation, think again. With a little research and planning, you can experience the great state of California on just about any budget.