Today Pop singer Eva Universe and non-profit Harmony Project launch the viral video contest “Sing For School” for all public high school students across the US to win up to $10,000 for their school’s arts programs.
Funding for arts in education has been drastically slashed over the last 5 years. Through funding this project Eva Universe and Harmony Project plan to increase awareness through the ‘Sing For School’ contest. This will provide three schools with donations to support art programs. Eva Universe said in a statement, “I’m excited to launch this contest with support from Harmony Project! I realized my dreams of becoming a singer by participating in my school’s music programs and hope to help other students realize their dreams as well.”
Participants in the contest will create their own music video for Eva Universe’s current single “Why Is It?” and share the video on all of their social media platforms. Eva Universe and Harmony Project will choose a first place, second place and third place winner.
- Participants are to upload their 30 second video to You Tube and tag it as #SINGFORSCHOOL, #EVAUNIVERSE and #HARMONYPROJECT
- Follow both Eva Universe (@Evasuniverse) and Harmony Project (@HarmonyProject) on Twitter
- Like Eva Universe (Facebook.com/EvaUniverse) and Harmony Project on Facebook (Facebook.com/HarmonyProjectLA) on Facebook
- Subscribe to Eva Universe’s YouTube channel (YouTube.com/EvasUniverse)
- Share the video on their social networks (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
Participants with the most virality will win the grand prize of $10,000 with secondary prizes of $5,000 and $2,500.
Videos will be judged based on the below criteria:
- Overall creativity (choreography, cinematography, uniqueness, enthusiasm etc.)
- Virality of the video (including, but not limited to views/shares/retweets/likes etc. by the end of the contest May 31, 2013)
Be sure to submit your videos for a chance for your school to win!
Published on Apr 12, 2013