Hollywood came together for a worthy cause this past Thursday evening and it wasn't just for glitz and glamour. With today's endless news reports on gun violence in our own backyards it's time Hollywood speaks up and takes a stand against it.
Reloading Life, Bullets 4 Peace, The Art of Peace Gala took place November 21, 2013 in hopes to increase public awareness on anti-gun violence, funding for programs and education to increase safety.
Some of the most influential individuals along with leading figures in the entertainment industry gathered at Supperclub Hollywood to launch this campaign to help reduce gun violence on our streets and around the world. The event raised awareness of the anti-gun violence program "Gift for Guns", along with community and world leaders for their efforts to combat violence to help victims and restore peace in our communities.
The red carpet buzzed as some of the most influential leading figures in Hollywood joined founder of the Annual Art of Peace Gala, Rafi Anteby. Guest enjoyed hors d'oeuvres and cocktail reception with live entertainment.
Co-hosts of the evening included, Lisa Guererro (Inside Edition Chief Correspondent Investigator) and Chris Spencer (Real Husbands of Hollywood). Pauley Perrette (Award Recipient - NCIS), with Arthur Renowitzky (founderof Life Goes On Foundation) both showed sincere passion against this issue. Snoop Lion's advocacy work for anti-gun violence was honored and highlighted during the evening. Other leaders who presented and supported the cause were Sam Trammel and Cali Swag District.
The evening was followed by:
- Performance by American country music singer Laura Byrna
- Introduction by Bullets4Peace creator Rafi Anteby
- Opening Words by the hosts Lisa Guerrero & Chris Spencer
- Words by the founder of Brother II Brother and veteran LAPD Officer Stinson Brown
- The Story of Cali Swag District member M-Bone who died aged 22 following a drive-by shooting.
- Performance by Cali Swag District
- Three Course meal by Executive Chef Guus Wichenhagen,
- Words by Kelly LeBrock
- Words by Assistant Sheriff James J. Hellmold
- Eagle Of Peace Award Ceremony
- Live Auction
- Live entertainment performance by Michael Jackson Music Director: Michael Bearden & friends
- Legendary Iranian singer Ebi Hamedi & Israeli peace singer Liel Kolet special performance
- Acknowledgments and desserts
All proceeds benefited the Sheriff’s Department “Gift for Guns” Program, helping remove illegal firearms from the streets in a peaceful way.
The charitable night did a fabulous job of celebrating and acknowledging our community leaders for their efforts to combat violence; help victims of gun crimes and restore peace in communities with awards and special words of gratitude.
For more information, please visit Bullets 4 Peace