The Society of Young Philanthropists'
3rd Annual Gala
May 19, 2007
- The Society of Young Philanthropists is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, designed to create a network of distinguished professionals by promoting philanthropic causes through charitable events.
- Our goal: To offer an attractive and appealing opportunity for young professionals to contribute their resources to charitable causes and to ultimately instill the next generation of professionals with a sense of commitment to philanthropy.
- SYP's 3rd Annual Gala - Saturday, May 19, 2007 at Hollywood Plaza (6752 Hollywood Avenue)
Gala proceeds benefit two causes:
- Camp Kesem: Provides kids whose parents have or have had cancer with a summer camp experience that gives them a chance to be kids. Camp Kesem empowers a generation of student-leaders at colleges across America by enabling them to channel their passion for making a difference into a magical week for children in need.
- Aviva Family and Children's Services: Provides at-risk, emotionally distressed, abused and neglected adolescents and their families a comprehensive range of therapeutic and educational programs in order to develop the skills and strengthen necessary to enhance individual and family functioning.
- Sponsors (depending on level of sponsorship) will be acknowledged on our website, newsletters, invitations, email promotions, t-shirts, and any other marketing materials. SYP targets 21 to 30 year-old professionals to become socially conscious and active in various causes and charities. These people are young, ambitious, motivated, and affluent - the perfect demographic for sponsors to reach!
Sponsorship opportunities include:
- Donating 400 pieces for our gift bags
- Become a general sponsor for the event (i.e. donate $1,000+ to help cover costs)
- Sponsor a specific cost (i.e. cover cost of decorations)
- Alcohol sponsors
- Catering sponsors
- Entertainment / Music
- PAST EVENTS & CAUSES
- SYP made its society debut with its first annual charity-fundraiser on May 14, 2005. The event raised $30,000 for three different causes related to education, rehabilitation and emergency relief in celebration of Israel's Independence Day.
- Philanthroshop, a sample sale for charity on Sunday, September 11th, was a great success, with over 500 shoppers. Vendors donated 10% of proceeds to OneFamily Fund, helping victims of terrorism. $6,000 total was raised for charity.
- On May 13, 2006 SYP hosted its Second Annual Gala, attended by 600 young philanthropists. SYP was able to raise and donate $60,000 to American Jewish World Service for a grant benefiting victims of the Darfur genocide. The funds are supporting the construction of a water distribution system for a health clinic treating displaced Darfur refugees.
- Some of our past and current sponsors: Catering by Field, Califco LLC, Junkfood Clothing, Hotweazel.com, Bamko, SBE Entertainment, Smashbox, Equinox, Marani Vodka, Moving Pictures Magazine, Warner Independent Pictures, and Hotel Angeleno.
GIVE. Cuz it's good for you.