Most people wouldn't think of going outside on a sunny summer's day without sunglasses. But what are they doing to avoid sun damage to their home, its furnishings and their wallet?
Sunglasses for the home, better known as solar protection window film, can protect valuable investments in our homes. According to CHB Industries (www.chbwindowfilm.com), provider of environmental film applications since 1990, solar protection window film can do the following:
- It is an easy and convenient way to block 98 percent of the sun's ultraviolet rays. These harmful rays can damage and fade expensive investments in the home, including rugs, carpets, furniture, upholstery, wood floors, paintings and antiques. A natural yet harmful bleach, the sun can quickly whiten and dry out fabrics.
- Solar film can cut energy costs by up to 20 percent, regardless of the time of year.
- In summer, it keeps the house cool by reducing solar heat up to 65 percent.
- In winter, film increases the window's insulation, keeping the house warm by reducing heat loss up to 15 percent.
- Applied to the inside of the window, film helps homeowners conserve energy and save money while benefiting the environment. Clear solar window films reduce personal energy consumption which results in a lower production of CO2 (a greenhouse gas) at the local power plant.
About CHB Industries :
CHB Industries is a leading provider of solar heat-control, decorative, and security window films for commercial and residential properties nationwide. The company has offices in
Philadelphia. Clients include the
U.S. Department of State,
the Rockefeller Center,
oil refineries, military installations, and the homes and offices of high-profile individuals.
Web site: www.chbwindowfilm.com
Phone: (800) 220-2525.