DEVELOPER: Pandemic Studios
RELEASE DATE: September 21, 2004
Prepare for battle. LucasArts is excited to announce that the highly anticipated action/shooter, Star Wars Battlefront has officially GONE GOLD on PS2, Xbox and PC and is scheduled to blast its way onto store shelves on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 -- day and date with the Star Wars Trilogy, which marks the first time all three classic films will be available on DVD.
Star Wars Battlefront is an action/shooter game that gives fans and gamers the opportunity to re-live and participate in all of the classic Star Wars battles like never before. Players can select one of a number of different soldier types, jump into any vehicle, man any turret on the battlefront and conquer the galaxy planet-by-planet online with their friends or offline in a variety of single player modes. Single player modes include "Instant Action," "Galactic Conquest" and the story-based "Historical Campaigns" mode that lets gamers experience all of the epic Star Wars battles from Episodes I-VI, fighting from the perspective of each of the four factions within the game.
Star Wars Battlefront is optimized for PlayStation 2 online, Xbox Live and PC online. Console gamers can battle against up to 16 players (plus AI units) over the Internet or up to 32 players connected via LAN. PC gamers can battle against up to 32+ players on the Internet or via LAN. The game supports voice chat through compatible headsets for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox console systems as well as PC.
- First and third-person gameplay - depending on player preference.
- Three single player modes including "Instant Action," "Galactic Conquest" and the story-based "Historical Campaigns" mode.
- Multiplayer for 2-16 players (plus AI units) online or 32+ players via LAN.
- Split-screen mode for multiplayer 'offline' play.
- Battle in more than 15 environments across 10 diverse planets from the classic Trilogy and Clone Wars eras including Hoth, Endor, Tatooine, Kamino and Geonosis.
- More than 20 different soldier types from 4 factions: Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, Republic Clone Army and Separatist Battle Droids. Soldier types include standard infantry, scouts, heavy weapons and pilots - each will have their own unique abilities.
- More than 30 Star Wars weapons including blaster rifles, rocket launchers and thermal detonators, in addition to ground-based turret guns that can be manned and used to defend command posts.
- More than 30 diverse ground and air vehicles including the AT-ST, X-Wing, and speeder bike, as well as the massive Republic Gunship that can hold up to five different soldiers.
- Customizable controls on all systems.
- Supports voice chat via compatible headsets (PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC).
Requires PlayStation 2 network adapter, Xbox Live kit and Internet PC for online multiplayer games.
LucasArts and the LucasArts logo are registered trademarks of Lucasfilm Ltd. Star Wars Battlefront is a trademark of Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. © 2004 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. & or TM as indicated. All rights reserved.
For more information, please visit the official product website at: www.starwarsbattlefront.com