SAVOR the Central Coast 2011 Tickets Go On Sale May 5, 2011
Second Annual Destination Food & Wine Event Launches This Year’s Website, Schedule & Ticket Sales
San Luis Obispo County, Calif - Sunset magazine (www.sunset.com) has launched ticket sales and posted this year’s website for Sunset’s SAVOR the Central Coast. Go to, www.savorcentralcoast.com to find details on activities that bring visitors face-to-face with the beauty and bounty of the Central Coast region.
In addition to the main event at the Santa Margarita Ranch which features celebrity chef Cat Cora, the multi-day celebration, held September 29 through October 2, is set to include a host of new activities:
- VIP Reception & Opening Night Event at Hearst Castle (Thursday, September 29)
An enchanted evening soiree featuring premium Central Coast wine, tapas, and inimitable coastline views beside William Randolph Hearst’s magnificent Roman-style Neptune Pool.
- Sunset Western Wine Awards Gala (Friday evening, September 30)
One of the weekend’s most anticipated events, the Sunset Western Wine Awards are recognized as the highest honor for Western winemakers. Hosted on the historic Pismo Beach Pier, the event features tantalizing, locally grown fare paired with wines that have been nominated for a Sunset Western Wine Awards.
- Adventure Tours (Friday, September 30)
An unparalleled opportunity to explore the unspoiled and diverse majesty of the Central Coast, enhanced by the flavors of a gourmet picnic. New tours for 2011 include:
- a behind-the-scenes Hearst Castle tour with Sunset travel editor, Peter Fish
- a kayak tour of the peaceful Morro Bay Estuary
- an afternoon of horseback riding across the Oceano Dunes
- an expert-guided hike through rugged Moñtana de Oro State Park
- a tour of the newly-restored Avila Lighthouse with Sunset associate garden editor, Julie Chai
- a hot-air balloon ride over the Paso Robles wine region with Sunset president, Barb Newton
- a “Berry to Bottle” winemaking experience with Sunset wine editor, Sara Schneider
- Main Event at Santa Margarita Ranch(Saturday, October 1 and Sunday, October 2)
- The Backyard Farm – Docent-led seminars on raising poultry, bees, goats, growing veggies and, potato towers; making compost, and more. Tours benefit the Lillian Larsen School in San Miguel as part of the national Farm-to-School Program.
- Winemaker Central Seminar Stage – This is a new SAVOR stage dedicated to the fruit of the vine. Seminars will feature unforgettable Paso Robles blends, cool-climate Syrahs, and a blind tasting of the Central Coast’s best Pinot Noirs.
- Cat Cora Demonstration – Celebrity chef Cat Cora brings her world-renowned culinary expertise and Iron Chef style to a seminar on “Classics with a Twist.” Visit the pavilion afterward where she’ll be signing books.
- Sustainable Seafood with Cindy Pawlcyn – With restaurants including Northern California favorites Fog City Diner, Mustards Grill, and Go Fish, celebrity chef Cindy Pawlcyn brings her contagious passion for sustainable seafood to SAVOR.
- Beer Tasting and Food Pairing Seminar – Sunset magazine, food editor, Margo True picks her favorite Central Coast beers and pairs them with dishes made from local ingredients.
Tickets for the Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast 2011 event will go on sale on the new website May 5, 2011. For more information, please visit www.SavorCentralCoast.com. Tickets will also be available at Farm Supply stores on the Central Coast beginning July 5.
Sunset magazine has partnered with the San Luis Obispo County Visitors & Conference Bureau to launch Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast. For more event information and ticketing, visit www. www.SavorCentralCoast.com or call 800‐768‐6653. Become a fan on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SavorCC, or follow us on Twitter (@SavorCC). Ticket proceeds and sponsorships are considered donations to the San Luis Obispo County Visitors & Convention Bureau, a 501 c 6 non‐profit tourism organization promoting San Luis Obispo County.
About Sunset magazine
Sunset magazine is the premier guide to life in the West, covering the newest and best ideas in Western home design and landscaping, food and entertaining, and regional travel in 13 Western states. Sunset and www.sunset.com are part of the lifestyle group of magazines and websites published by the Time Inc. Lifestyle Group.
About the San Luis Obispo Visitors & Conference Bureau
The San Luis Obispo County Visitors and Conference Bureau promotes San Luis Obispo County through advertising, marketing, public relations and group sales. Its member base is comprised of over 500 tourism industry-related businesses including lodging properties, restaurants, wineries, golf courses and retail stores. For more information on the VCB, please visit www.SanLuisObispoCounty.com or contact Molly Morrison Cano at 805.781.2531 or [email protected].