The most romantic day of the year is quickly approaching. Here are thirteen great ideas. Keep reading to find that special idea for a Valentine’s Day celebrations with your loved one. Whether you’re looking to dine at the nation’s most romantic restaurant, attend a spectacular Valentine’s Day performance, or enjoy a one-night-stay at one of Chicago’s most luxurious hotels, find a sweet treat or more, read on.
Celebrate 9 Days of Valentine’s Day at Geja’s Café
- Just named one of the 10 Most Romantic Restaurants in the WORLD by The Culture Trip, Geja’s Café, 340 W. Armitage, is planning the most romantic Valentine’s Day celebration in its 50 year history. For nine days, from Sunday, February 7th through Monday, February 15th, the renowned “Restaurant of Romance” will be elegantly decorated and feature sparkling champagne, Celebration of Marriage Night, live flamenco and classical guitarists, photo keepsakes, and delicious sizzling hot fondue cuisine. For information on the Valentine’s Day celebration, please call 773.281.9101, or visit Geja’s online.
Delight in Chocolate and Decadent Treats at Chef Alain Roby’s All Chocolate Kitchen
- You can never go wrong with chocolate on Valentine’s Day! Chef Alain Roby’s mouthwatering EROS Truffle Line makes for the perfect Valentine’s Day treat. Based off the popularity of Chef's life-size chocolate, 948-pound, God of Love “Eros” sculpture, the EROS Truffle line is a collection of five savory flavors designed with elegance and created with passion. In addition to being tasty, beautiful and unique, the Eros Truffle Line is a healthy alternative to commercial products, as Chef Roby uses only the finest Grand Cru chocolate, which is 80% pure chocolate. Because of Roby’s beautiful, unique, and healthy recipe, his chocolate is a crowd pleaser, satisfying much more than just the looks and tastes of all chocolate and even non-chocolate lovers. It’s not easy to pick the right sweets, but when it comes to Chef Roby, he never fails to perfect even the smallest, but richest holiday treats. Cost for each truffle $2, or $9 for a gift-wrapped box of 4. For more information, visit All Chocolate Kitchen
Turn a Valentine Into a Stud Muffin at Vanille
- Chicago’s wildly-popular Vanille offers the ultimate gift for the stud in someone’s life with their “Stud Muffin Naming Contest,” this Valentine’s Day. Contestants submit the name of their stud, whether it be boyfriend, husband, or man’s best friend, and describe what kind of cake, icing, filling and macaroon embody that person and submit via email to [email protected] through Friday, February 5, 2016. The winning submission will be sold in all Vanille stores throughout the month of February. For more information, visit Vanille.
Make Valli Produce Evanston the One-Stop Valentine’s Day Shop
- An international market to rival any in the Chicagoland area, Valli Produce Evanston, 1910 Dempster Street, has everything needed for the perfect romantic Valentine’s Day. From international chocolates and fresh baked goods, to more than 250 produce selections, fresh meat and fish departments, an extensive wine and craft beer selection and more for a low-key Valentine’s Day dinner, Valli Produce Evanston has everything needed to make Valentine’s Day special.
Enjoy a Low-key Date Night at The Warehouse Bar & Pizzeria
- Spend Valentine’s Day at Lincoln Park’s newest dining destination, slick, contemporary restaurant The Warehouse Bar & Pizzeria, 1419 W. Fullerton. Featuring a 16 ft. overhead garage door that opens up the front of the space, the restaurant has an airy and inviting feel, imparting a sense of casual comfort and ease right away, perfect for a relaxed Valentine’s Day dinner. Upholstered booth seating and exposed brick walls give the space a dynamic feeling. The Warehouse Bar & Pizzeria presents a unique list of specialty 12 inch personal pizzas pies meant to dazzle even the most seasoned Chicago pizza aficionado, as well as salads, sandwiches and appetizers using fresh, flavorful ingredients. Guests may enjoy red pizzas, white pizzas, or even build their own. For more information, visit thewarehousechicago or call 773.661.6454.
Laugh Out Loud with The Cupid Players
- Fingers crossed for a frisky, fun, exciting Valentine’s Day? -- get with Cupid Has a Heart On… in Bed! Let The Cupid Players serenade you and your date with hilarious new numbers fresh from The Chicago Sketch Comedy Festival as well as Cupid classics, and enjoy a complimentary champagne toast and a V-Day goodie bag. On Saturday, February 13, choose the 8 p.m. show for the two-act mainstage experience featuring the full singing, dancing ensemble; or come for the 10:30 p.m. late-night show where you’ll be treated to a one-act of the cast’s most loved, risqué (and always sex-positive) numbers. You’ll have a pants-dropping good time with your significant other, gal-pals, bro-mance, BFF, co-worker crush, or that special hook-up-yet-to-be when you share in the laughs and heart shaped crap we’ve got in store. Let Cupid give you all a heart on this Valentine’s Day! ($30/per person or $50/per couple for the 8pm show; $15/per person for the 10:30pm show). For tickets, please visit stage773
Rejoice with Your Loved One at The Marriott Theatre
- The perfect Valentine’s gift for a date night out on the town, SISTER ACT kicks off The Marriott Theatre’s 2016 Season as the first mainstage production of the year. Treat your loved one to a pair of tickets to the heavenly Broadway musical comedy, which features a sparkling score by Tony, Grammy and Academy Award-winner Alan Menken, with lyrics by Grammy Award-winner Glenn Slater. Based on the hit Whoopi Goldberg film of the same name, SISTER ACT is the feel-amazing musical comedy that will have audiences of jumping to their feet in praise. For tickets, please call the Marriott Theatre Box Office at 847.634.0200.Visit sisteract .
Let Marc Salem Read Your date’s Mind with “Mind Over Chicago”
- Want to know what your date is really thinking? The world’s foremost mentalist, Marc Salem, brings his mastermind skills to Chicago with Marc Salem’s Mind Over Chicago, opening Valentine’s Day weekend at the Apollo Theater Chicago, 2540 N Lincoln Ave. Through this interactive 90 minute show, Marc takes audiences on a thrilling journey into the human mind, using his mystifying techniques and quick wit “break the lock” on the minds of randomly selected audience members. He has had the pleasure of outwitting such well-known celebrities as Sting, Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld, Donald Trump, Arthur Miller, Paul Newman, Prince Andrew, Judi Dench, Ronald Reagan, Michael Strahan, Bruce Willis, Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch, Vice President Joe Biden, New York Mayors Koch, Giuliani & Bloomberg, Chicago’s own Oprah Winfrey, and many more. For more information or to purchase tickets, contact the Apollo Theater Chicago or call 773.935.6100
Give the Gift of Music this Valentine’s Day
- The perfect Valentine’s Day gift for any music lover, tickets to Apollo Chorus of Chicago’s reprise of Mendelssohn’s Elijah on Saturday, March 12th leaves something to look forward to after the romantic day. Performed in collaboration with the Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra, the University of Chicago’s majestic Rockefeller Chapel, 5850 S. Woodlawn Ave., sets a romantic tone for the evening with Chicago’s oldest musical organization. Tickets and more information at ApolloChorus.
STAY N PLAY at Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown/N Loop/Michigan Ave
- Located in the heart of the Theater District, one of Chicago’s newest hotels, Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown/N Loop/Michigan Ave, is offering complimentary Giggle Water, their signature 1920’s cocktail for guests headed to Chicago Theatre Week. Sample the extraordinary range of theatrical offerings in Chicago and treat your date to one of the 100 productions available throughout the week. Located in the historic Chicago Motor Club Building, Chicago’s newest Hampton Inn features a grand, three-story Art Deco lobby, a 67-seat 1920’s-style cocktail bar, and intricate architectural details throughout the property, 68 E. Wacker. Proof of ticket and reservation required. For more information or to make a reservation, visit Hampton Inn Chicago or call 312.419.9014.
Enjoy an Overnight Romantic Stay at Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park
- Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park’s mySpa My Suite- Couple’s Experience gives couples the chance to enjoy a day retreat with side-by-side massages performed in the indulgent Couple’s Suite complete with candlelight and Champagne. Couples can enhance the experience by adding a soak prior to the massage in the room’s jet-soaking infinity tub. If that’s not enough, make a night of it by booking Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park’s Romantic Escape Package. Guests can enjoy a cocktail at THE BAR or stroll around nearby Millennium Park, then return to their guestroom for The Chocolate Bar. This decadent experience includes everything from cookies and pastries to hot chocolate and popcorn prepared by the culinary team. Rates for the Romantic Escape Package start at $209 plus tax.
Give the Gift of Relaxation and Get a Bonus at Massage Envy
- From Monday, February 1st through Monday, February 15th, Massage Envy if offering an extra incentive with gift card purchase. Guests who purchase $100 in gift cards will receive a free, 5-piece Whish gift set of body products (valued at $26). All 44 Chicagoland Massage Envy locations will also offer four beautifully packaged body product sets including:
o Whish Pomegranate Valentine Trio: A Massage Envy exclusive set featuring Bath & Body Gel, Shave Cream and Body Butter. ($20)
o Do Not Disturb Beauty and Her Bath Kit: A Massage Envy exclusive featuring a terry cloth bath pillow, Blooming Bubble Bath, 100% soy “Skin Safe” Blooming Candle and Blooming Body Lotion. ($32)
o Thymes Goldleaf Gardenia Set: A Massage Envy exclusive set featuring Hand Creme and Petite Eau de Parfum. ($38)
- Spongellé Heart on a String: A heart-shaped body wash infused buffer, plus polish. ($15)
Visit Massageenvy for more information or to find a local clinic.
Take Her Breath Away with an EZ Breathe Ventilation System for Valentine’s Day
- It’s the gift no one realizes they need, but loves once they get! The EZ Breathe Ventilation System makes for the perfect, unexpected Valentine’s Day gift to protect both home and family from poor air quality, mold, moisture and other excess toxins lurking in the air. EZ Breathe is a maintenance free unit with a powerful ventilation system that helps to live a healthier home life with less allergies, snoring and coughing. For more information, visit EZ Breathe.
Enjoy a Stress-free Valentine’s Day Thanks to Fresh Tech Maids
- Relax this Valentine’s Day and let Fresh Tech Maids take care of the cleaning for you. Chicagoland’s leader in healthier, safer home cleaning services has revolutionized the home cleaning and renewal process without the use of chemicals and toxins. Wells Ye, President of Fresh Tech Maids, understands the importance of non-toxic family cleaning services with no chemicals or fumes to pollute the interior air of a home, but also understands the trust and responsibility given to his company, a key element of his business that he takes very seriously. So sit back, relax, and enjoy a night out with your date this Valentine’s Day. For more information, visit Fresh Tech Maids or call 847.392.0888.
Photos: Courtesy of the Heron Agency unless otherwise specified
Published on Jan 27, 2016