The 67th Cannes International Film Festival runs from May 14th to May 25th and promises glamour and to showcase the work of the most spectacular filmmakers. Celebrities dress to impress on the red carpet and cinema lovers meet at the most prestigious festival on the French Riviera. There is an excellent lineup of celebrities in 2014. On Wednesday, May 14th Nicole Kidman opened the ceremony with her highly anticipated movie, "Grace of Monaco."Other celebrities will be attending Cannes Film Festival this year such as Rooney Mara, Lupita Nyong’o, Naomi Watts, Rosario Dawson, Cate Blanchett, Zhang Ziyi, Jessica Chastain, Hilary Swank, Mia Wasikowska, Julianne Moore, Marion Cotillard, Christina Hendricks, Saoirse Ronan, Eva Mendes, Juliette Binoche, Kristen Stewart, Chloe Grace Moretz, Blake Lively, Zoe Saldana, Jane Fonda, Liya Kebede, Aishwarya Rai, Freida Pinto, and Sonam Kapoor.
Exclusive events are part of the exquisite world of cinema at the Cannes Film Festival. During the Festival you will enjoy meeting the elite celebrities and personalities as they show their red carpet style, including the Chopard Party. The Chopard Party is a luxury jewellery brand that throws an annual bash at Cannes. Last Year Chopard held a magical soirée. Guests boarded the legendary Savarona yacht set amidst the Mediterranean Ocean, overlooking the iconic Côte d'Azur. The evening was full of surprises including a high jewellery fashion show with dancers. Another magnificent event is the De Grisogono party; every year, this Swiss brand throws a party mid film festival at the exclusive Hotel du Cap Eden Roc. Amongst all the high glamour of Cannes. Other deluxe parties are the Calvin Klein party, the Swarovski, Viktor & Rolf Party, and the Vanity Fair and Armani party that has A-list celebs aplenty to take over the iconic Croisette, a prominent road in Cannes. The parties hosts include the pairing of Graydon Carter and Giorgio Armani, who will co-host a Vanity Fair and Armani party on May 17th that just might be the hottest invite of the week. The fête will be held at the Hôtel Du Cap-Eden-Roc in Antibes and will likely draw a star studded crowd for the combined cocktail party and dinner, which will be followed by an after party for VIPs, and many other private, chic and fashionable events.
Discover the award winners at the 2014 Festival de Cannes on 24th May. 2014 AWARDS Palme d'or, Grand Prix, Prix du Jury, Best Actor, Best Actress. The list of prize-winning films at the closing ceremony.
Official Selection 2014 : In Competition
1. ADIEU AU LANGAGE (GOODBYE TO LANGUAGE) Directed by Jean-Luc GODARD
2. CAPTIVES (THE CAPTIVE) Directed by ATOM EGOYAN
3. DEUX JOURS, UNE NUIT (TWO DAYS, ONE NIGHT) Directed by Jean-Pierre DARDENNE,Luc DARDENNE
4. FOXCATCHER Directed by Bennett MILLER
5. FUTATSUME NO MADO (STILL THE WATER) Directed by Naomi KAWASE
6. JIMMY'S HALL Directed by Ken LOACH
7. LE MERAVIGLIE (THE WONDERS) Directed by Alice ROHRWACHER
8. LEVIATHAN Directed by Andrey ZVYAGINTSEV
9. MAPS TO THE STARS Directed by David CRONENBERG
10. MOMMY Directed by Xavier DOLAN
11. MR. TURNER Directed by Mike LEIGH
12. RELATOS SALVAJES (WILD TALES ) Directed by Damián SZIFRÓN
13. SAINT LAURENT Directed by Bertrand BONELLO
14. SILS MARIA (CLOUDS OF SILS MARIA) Directed by Olivier ASSAYAS
15. THE HOMESMAN Directed by Tommy Lee JONES
16. THE SEARCH Directed by Michel HAZANAVICIUS
17. TIMBUKTU Directed by Abderrahmane SISSAKO
18. WINTER SLEEP Directed by Nuri Bilge CEYLAN
This year's festival jury is headed by New Zealand director Jane Campion "the Piano"; other members include actress Carole Bouquet, writer-director Sofia Coppola, Iranian actress Leila Hatami "A Separation", South Korean actress Jeon Do-Yeon "The Housemaid", actor Willem Dafoe, Mexican actor-director Gael Garcia Bernal "Y Tu Mama Tambien", Chinese director Jia Zhangke "Still Life", and Danish director Nicolas Winding Refn "Drive," "Valhalla Rising."
Follow Yenis Monterrey on Facebook clink here
Follow Yenis Monterrey on Twitter click Here