Female or male wanted for legitimate work exchange for rent and utilities.
Please read entire listing and respond as requested at the bottom of the ad.
Mainly Office Work, being my personal/office assistant
I have been doing this for many years and it works great as a true win-win situation for responsible, honest, punctual people who need flexibility in their lives for auditions, students, working from home, starting their own business, figuring what they want to do when they grow up, no matter their age, or any other reason. It is not suitable for someone with a full time job.
There is full home use for tenant only, i.e. no guests are allowed at anytime. The deal here is that there are not guest privileges to keep it safer and more private for everyone.
NO SMOKERS, DRUG USERS OR HEAVY DRINKERS!
The value of the room and utilities is approx. $1250 a month if it would be rented.
A $500 deposit deposit as well as references, are required.
We have a four step process:
- Phone interview.
- If the phone interview goes well then we do an in person interview and tour and application get filled out.
- If the in person interview goes well we connect the next day with final questions and then we work together for a day to see if we can work together well.
- If that goes well, the person may move in provided they pass the background check and have the deposit.
As in any rental, I cannot hold a room without a deposit as well as cash or hours for the time the room is held. Therefore, if you are not looking for a rental soon, please contact us closer to the time you will need a place to see if something is still available.
If you love the idea of living in nature but only 3 minutes to Hollywood.
Then you can exchange your rent and utilities for 25 flexible hours of work per week.
You can earn a salary for hours you work above your exchange hours.
During the time you are not working you will not be bothered unless there is an emergency. You will have your own private personal time and space. It is against house rules to knock on someones door without permission.
Great location in Laurel Canyon, 3 minutes to Sunset, 5 minutes to Ventura Blvd but a feeling that you are in the middle of the country. All you see from the windows are trees.
The home was built in 1912 as a hunting lodge for the vice president of Southern Pacific Railroad.
The home is decorated with antiques and has hardwood floors and a wood burning fireplace.
Living room and dinning room
Kitchen looking to breakfast room
Stove area of kitchen
The other available room is downstairs. It is actually a library a beautiful and private with pocket doors to close off the room which is off the living room and looks out through a large picture window to nature and trees:
The exchange covers the cost of:
high speed internet
Plenty of parking on private property.
Here is a list of the office duties which will maily be for my online magazines, you re not required to have skills in them all, just what you have the interest, skills and experience in:
- Being able to Multi-Task
- Prioritizing projects and completing them in a timely manner.
- Lots & Lots of organization.
- Lots of writing for my lifestyle magazines.
- Scheduling events and making sure articles are submitted correctly and on time from many journalists in 21 cities around the world.
- Ability to handle projects independently.
- Helping to coordinate and train journalists and interns both here and abroad.
- Organizing the work flow for the journalists who work for us from story conception to editing, posting and notifications of postings to PR contacts.
- Doing outreach for products to review.
- Organizing journalists and yourself if you want; to attend events like theaters, ballets, film screenings, spas, parties, trips both domestic and overseas etc. Making sure that these people attend and turn in and post their articles.
- General administration and office work.
- Light phones.
- Public relations, marketing and sales if you have the experience.
- Posting calendar events.
- Article posting and writing if you are interested as well as attending almost any events, restaurants, spas, in LA that you are willing to review, as well as beauty products, hotels etc.
- Harvesting worldwide media and PR contacts - establishing and maintaining relationships with these contacts.
- Internet research.
- Internet sales
- Selling things on Amazon
- Sales of online display ads
- Bookeeping using Quicken
Misc duties if you have the skills and experience :
- I have lots of things that need to be repaired including electrical, plumbing, skylights, plaster, paint, etc.
- I would like to restore my home
- We need to set up an online sales team
- We are working on online video shows and need spokespersons, editors, tech people
- We need computer programmers who know php and mySql and UI
- We have an organic garden and lots of land for flower and bulb plantings (If you want to garden, that time would not count towards your hours)
If you are interested, respond by email with why you think this would be a win-win situation including how your skills fit with my needs and include your resume and your photo.,