Date: March 9th, 2013
The Summer 2013 campaign will launch within the L.A. market through a large scale activation at Nokia Plaza, a festival space outside of Staples Centre. Taking place the day the Calgary Flames play the Los Angeles Kings, the event provides a high impact opportunity for Travel Alberta to provide brand messaging to our target market at the start of the summer booking season. Our brand assets and consumer engagement tactics will be strategically used to provide effective messaging which will increase awareness and drive consumers down the path to purchase.
Our target market will be overtaken by the sights and sounds of the province as they enter the Nokia Plaza for an Alberta Festival. A large stage sits front and centre featuring Japanese drummers and country artists who fill the plaza with sound, putting attendees in the festival spirit. The Calgary Stampede Queen and Princesses greet with a warm smile as guests are invited to hop on a mechanical bull, or climb to the top of a mountain on a portable climbing wall. Guests are invited to dig for their own dinosaur bone and if they find the correct one, they will win a trip to Alberta. An onsite fly fishing instructor has them casting for the first time. Attendee’s hit clean drives down the middle of the fairway on our Alberta golf simulator.
- Festivals and Events: Stampede Queen and Princess, Harry the Horse, country artist Jason Greeley, Edmonton Folk Fest artist (TBD), Calgary Music Festival Artist, Japanese drummers Booming Tree, World Champion hoop dancer Dallas Arcand, Edmonton themed street performers, and chalk artists. MC will run stage and introduce artists while providing key messaging about Alberta’s various festival’s and events
- Horseback Riding: Mechanical bull
- Fishing: Learn to cast fly fishing lessons in artificial ‘lake’.
- Dino Exploration: Dino Dig Execution – Uncover a prize
- Hiking: Hiking trails around fly fishing lake , Rock climbing wall
- Golf: Alberta branded golf simulator
Media PR and Social Media:
- Through onsite signage and handouts, consumers will be encouraged to share pictures of the event using #explorealberta. Leading up to the event we will be giving away tickets to the game via twitter to consumers who are engaging with us using the hashtag. On site Travel Alberta and the LA Kings will collaborate and give away Kings prizing through social media to consumers that are using #explorealberta.
- Social media photobooth – consumers to be entered to win trip to Alberta by sharing photo’s using #explorealberta
- This event will be promoted through social and Media PR, particularly through community event listings.
- Local Media will be invited to the event and hosted during the game in a suite.
- On-site radio remote from local radio station.(Go Country Radio – TBC)
In Game Elements:
- During the game the messaging will continue as 19,000 fans see Alberta commercials and are invited to visit out concourse booth to have their picture taken and enter to win a trip to Alberta through social media.
- Through the in-game trivia promotion, one lucky section of 300 fans will be “white hatted”.
Travel Alberta Industry Partners:
- This event will be Travel Alberta led with input and support of the following partners:
- The Calgary Stampede: Stampede Queen / Princess and Harry the Horse in attendance. Grand Prize trip support.
- Calgary Tourism: Promotion of Calgary Festivals, Calgary Sled Island Musician.
- Edmonton Tourism / Edmonton Folk Fest: Edmonton Musician
- Fairmont: Promoted travel packages
- Royal Tyrell Museum: TBD – possible Dino Dig activation support.
- Banff Lake Louise Tourism – messaging support around Canadian Rockies activities.