The holiday season is upon us and that means Christmas and New Year's along with all of the days off in between. While trying to spend time with family, there are so many things to do in and out of your house and Splash Magazines has compiled a list of things to make sure you have a festive Holiday season this year.
How about snow in Southern California? Throw in skating, tubing and Alice in Wonderland and you have the annual Queen Mary's CHILL. Queen Mary's CHILL this year introduces Alice in Winterland to go along with Ice Tubing on the Glacier Glide, Ice Skating, Live Entertainment , North Pole Village, Prancer's Paintball, Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Claus Cottage and more! If you want to experience Christmas and winter in Southern California, CHILL is the place for the entire family.
There is no better place to get all your Christmas shopping done than at Citadel Outlets in Commerce, just outside of Los Angeles. In addition to shopping you can get a chance to tell Santa what you want for Christmas as well as take pictures with him and they are also offering Pet Nights with Santa this year.
Sundays in December - Pet Nights with Santa:
Each Sunday night leading up to Christmas Eve from 7:00-8:00 p.m., shoppers are invited to bring along their furry, feathery or fuzzy friend for a special “Pet Night with Santa” photo opportunity. Guests are asked to be sure pets are on leashes or appropriate harnesses. All friendly and safe pets are welcome.
2016 Santa Claus Schedule:
Santa Claus will be posing for complimentary photos in his House located near the Citadel Cafes, every day from 11AM-8PM through Christmas Eve. Professional photo packages are also available for purchase.
*Please note – Santa will not be available on Christmas Day as he will need to rest after a big night of delivering presents. Citadel Outlets – including Santa’s House - will be closed on Sunday, December 25.
If you don't want to spend your Christmas Eve or Christmas Day cooking, we have some great options for you.
($75/person prix-fixe , $35 children)
Address: Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
9291 Burton Way, Beverly Hills, CA 9021
Available: 4 pm - 10pm
Phone: (310) 860-8660
Avec Nous invites you and your family to enjoy Christmas Eve around the (french) table!
The restaurant has curated a prix-fixe menu for families to enjoy an elaborate spread of appetizers, main courses, desserts, and drinks (of course).
• First Course
o Foie gras orange
o Roasted prawn pesto
o French onion soup
• Second Course
o Duck like carte
o Scallop like carte
o Sea bass like carte
o Beef tournedos Rossini
• Third Course
o Cheese plate
o Buche de Noel
o Floating Island
Restaurant ($75/person prix fixe, $30.00 per child - 10 and under)
Address: Viceroy Santa Monica, 1819 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401
Available: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Phone: (310) 260-7511
Christmas Day with a side of a cabana/poolside view - no snow here! CAST Restaurant at Viceroy Santa Monica will be offering a buffet menu created by newly Executive Chef, Larry Monaco, for all families to enjoy. Guests will enjoy a buffet inclusive of fresh salads, a carving station, tasty sides, and an extensive array of desserts.
o Winter squash soup
o Roasted beet and burrata salad
o Little gem & baby kale caeser
o Acorn squash salad
• Carving Station
o Creekstone Farms roasted prime rib of beef
o Mountain Meadows roasted leg of lamb
o Sausage and pepperoni + Margarita flat-breads
o Roasted brussel sprouts
o Roasted sweet potatoes
o Roasted root vegetables
o Vanilla cupcakes (Gluten Free!)
o Red velvet yule log
o Chocolate granache cake
o New York cheese cake
o Short bread cookies
o Coconut macaroons drizzled in chocolate
Jingle bells are rockin’ and KISSmas is rollin’ at Rock & Brews locations throughout Los Angeles, Orange & Riverside Counties this holiday season. The rock-inspired restaurant, co-founded by KISS front men Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons, will share in the spirit of giving with their annual 12 days of KISSmas specials. Guests can revel in the festivities with special offers on brews, delicious appetizers and Rock & Brews’ merchandise from December 12-23 at participating Rock & Brews locations.
Featured KISSmas menu specials include:
• Free kids’ meal with the purchase of an adult entrée
• Three free pizza toppings
• Free onion rings with the purchase of an entrée
• Free garlic cheese fries with the purchase of an entrée
• Free jalapeño poppers with the purchase of an entrée
• Free Bavarian Pretzel with the purchase of an entrée
• Free purple rain drops with the purchase of an entrée
To compliment the festivities, KISSmas beer and cocktail specials will include half-off select draught brews, $4 local beer flights, 2-for-1 select draught brews and 2- for-1 Bloody Mary’s. And for those looking to share the gift of rock and roll, Rock & Brews will offer $10 t-shirts.
For more information visit: Rock and Brews
Mixology 101, located at The Farmer's Market in West Hollywood, is an amazing spot to enjoy a cocktail with friends and if you want to try one of their tasty cocktails at home, we have a recipe they shared with us.
Hollywood Bubbles cocktail, made with bénédictine, fresh raspberry purée, pomegranate juice and champagne. The perfect New Year's Eve drink!
Angry Orchard Hard Cider provided us with some tasty holiday cocktail recipes for you to try at home.
Angry by the Fire
• 4 oz Angry Orchard Crisp Apple
• 1.5 oz Fireball
• 2 oz orange juice
• 1 oz heavy cream
• 0.5 oz vanilla syrup (simple syrup with
• 1 tsp lemon juice
Method: Shake and strain into a collins glass with no ice. Top with Angry Orchard Crisp Apple. Garnish with a pinch of cinnamon powder sprinkled on top.
• 4 oz Angry Orchard Crisp Apple
• 1 oz Vodka
• 0.5 oz creme de menthe
• 0.25 oz lemon juice
Method: Shake and strain over ice in a rocks glass. Top with Angry Orchard Crisp Apple. Garnish with a small candy cane and mint sprig.
Angry Jolly Juice
• 1.5 cups Angry Orchard Cinnful Apple
• 2 cups water
• 1 cup cranberry juice
• 0.5 cup brandy or spiced rum
• 0.5 cup light brown sugar
• 3 tea bags of Chai Tea (ex.Twinings)
Method: Add water to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add the tea bags. Allow to steep for 2 minutes and then remove the tea bags. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Simmer over low to medium heat and serve hot. Garnish with a lemon wheel studded with cloves.
Angry Egg Nog
• 1 bottle Angry Orchard Cinnful Apple
• 4 oz Jamaican Rum or spiced rum (ex. Appleton)
• 4 oz heavy cream
• 1 oz Ruby Port
• 0.5 cup granulated sugar
• 4 whole eggs
Method: Add eggs, milk, and sugar to a mixing bowl and whisk together until sugar is dissolved. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until combined. Refrigerate and serve when cold. Garnish with grated nutmeg.
For those of you who are throwing a party or hosting the family and want something beyond the typical and boring potato chip, try RW Garcia artisan chips and crackers. RW Garcia chips and crackers are not only tasting great, but they are a fantastic healthy alternative to the typical snack. RW Garcia has a lineup of tortilla chips that you will love the crunch and flavor but you will never be able to guess the healthy ingredients such as; Chickpea and Ancient Grains, Black Bean and Lentil that each also are paired with Ancient Grains.
RW Garcia also took the basic cracker and came up with some tasty and healthy twists by creating; Sweet Potato, Sweet Beet and Kale crackers that are also gluten-free and non-GMO. If you have your gourmet cheeses and more, these crackers make for a perfect pairing. For more information visit: RW Garcia
Just in time for the holiday season, your local Hard Rock Cafe is spreading joy with sizzling new menu items and mixing it up with limited-time mason jar cocktails, while proceeds of two drinks below will be donated to charity.
The new “Mix It Up” holiday cocktails are available now, and include:
- Angelo’s Passion – Winner of Hard Rock’s 2016 Global BARocker Championship, Angelo Delgado, created this passionately refreshing and fruity concoction made with BACARDI Superior Rum, Midori Melon Liqueur, Passion Fruit Reál and ginger beer
- Velvet Rain – A luscious and velvety sangria made with Soul Sister Pinot Noir, Southern Comfort, Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur, tropical juices and fresh berries
- Bourbon Milk Punch – The ultimate decadent treat – Jim Beam Red Stag Bourbon, RumChata, Monin Spiced Brown Sugar and milk shaken together then topped with whipped cream, a caramel drizzle and spiced pecans
- Pineapple Sage Rita – Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur and fresh sage bring aromatic, savory spice to this margarita made with Sauza Hornitos Reposado Tequila and Monin Agave Nectar
- · Maria Sangria* – mix of Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc, Havana Club Anejo Clasico, Lifewater® Yumberry Pomegranate and tropical juices shaken with fresh lime, orange and strawberries
- · Pomegranate Cooler (alcohol free)* – Don’t take this pom for granate! Monin Pomegranate, Lifewater® Yumberry Pomegranate, sweet and sour and fresh raspberries, rosemary and lime
If you prefer beer, Heineken Brisket Burger pairs perfectly with a deliciously smooth Heineken draft to heat up the upcoming winter months. The new burger and beer duet is also available now –
- · Heineken Brisket Burger – a half-pound, Certified Angus Beef® patty topped with Heineken- braised brisket, caramelized BBQ onions, garlic aioli and Gouda cheese, served with Hard Rock’s seasoned fries
In the spirit of giving, for every Maria Sangria and Pomegranate Cooler purchased featuring Lifewater® Yumberry Pomegranate, Pepsico will donate 50 cents to the Hard RockHeals Foundation, which aims to improve lives through the power of music.