With the most romantic day of the year just a few days away, you won’t want to miss special Valentine’s Day celebrations to spend with your loved one. Whether you’re looking to dine at Chicago’s most romantic restaurant, attend a spectacular Valentine’s Day performance, or enjoy a one-night-stay at one of Chicago’s most luxurious hotels, here is the ultimate guide to Valentine’s Day in the Windy City.
Celebrate 8 Days of Valentine’s Day at Geja’s Café
- Geja’s Café, 340 W. Armitage, is planning the most romantic Valentine’s Day celebration in its 49 year history. For eight consecutive days from Sunday, February 9th through Sunday, February 16th, the renowned “Restaurant of Romance” will be elegantly decorated and feature sparkling champagne, “Love Note Tuesday,” live flamenco and classical guitarists, photo keepsakes, and delicious sizzling hot fondue cuisine. Geja’s Café will begin taking reservations on Saturday, January 18 at 9 a.m. in person or by phone as space is limited. For information on the Valentine’s Day celebration, please call 773.281.9101, or visit Geja’s online at Geja's website.
Turn up the heat at The Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park
- The Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park, 200 North Columbus Drive, is turning up the heat for Valentine’s Day 2014, with an extravagant four-course dinner at aria restaurant including a delicious array of menu items specially prepared by the Executive Chef. The dinner is $75 per person plus taxes and service charges. The hotel is also offering an overnight romantic package perfect for those looking to treat their loved one to a Chicago Valentine's Day hotel getaway, starting at $293 per room. Located adjacent to Millennium Park, couples can warm up with Fairmont’s signature hot chocolate following an afternoon of delightful ice skating, exploring the park in the snow or shopping on nearby Michigan Avenue. For reservations or additional information, please call 312.565.8000 or visit Fairmont's website
Enjoy dinner and a performance at Drury Lane Theatre
- For the first time, Drury Lane Theatre, 100 Drury Lane, will be exclusively offering a special three-course Valentine’s Day Dinner menu accompanied by an evening performance of Young Frankenstein. This special menu includes Crab Bisque or Pear Salad, Filet Mignon or Rack of Lamb entrée, and the choice of a Grand Marnier Crème Brule or Chocolate Covered Strawberry dessert course. Young Frankenstein runs through March 16, 2014. The dinner and performance package is $85.00; dinner only is $36. For reservations, please call 630.530.0111 or visit Drury Lane 's website
Spice up your Valentine’s Day with CABARET
- The Marriott Theatre will have a special performance of the musical theatre treasure CABARET on Friday, February 14 at 8 p.m.CABARET kicks off the Marriott Theatre’s 2014 season, opening January 22 and running through March 16 at 10 Marriott Drive, Lincolnshire. CABARET is Kander and Ebb’s legendary musical about English cabaret performer Sally Bowles, American writer Clifford Bradshaw, and the decadence of 1929 Berlin. The production will be directed by David H. Bell with choreography by Matt Raftery and Musical Direction by Ryan T. Nelson. The classic score includes “Maybe This Time”, “Money”, and of course, “Cabaret”. For tickets, please call the Marriott Theatre Box Office at 847.634.0200.Visit Marriott Theatre's website.
Keep the romance going at the Apollo Chorus of Chicago
- You can always count on musical magic when the Apollo Chorus of Chicago and the Elmhurst Symphony perform together. If you’re looking to extend the Valentine’s Day celebration, surprise your loved one with a performance of Choral Classics Concert: Mozart and Dvorak at theRockefeller Chapel, 5850 S. Woodlawn Avenue, Chicago. The Great Mass in c minor shows Mozart's full genius in composing for the human voice, blending exquisite solo passages with dramatic choral music. The music is filled with soaring vocal lines and thrilling musical climaxes. Held in artistic partnership with the University of Chicago's glorious Rockefeller Memorial Chapel, this concert is sure to inspire the hearts of all who hear it. Choral Classics Concert is the perfect Valentine’s Day gift to complement a nice dinner downtown. The performance takes place on Saturday, Feb. 22 at 7:30 p.m. For information or tickets, please call The Apollo Chorus at 312.427.5620 or visit Apollo Chorus website.
Spend Valentine’s Day with The Cupid Players
- What better way to spend Valentine’s Day than with The Cupid Players of Stage 773? Cupid Has A Heart On: A Musical Guide to Relationships has been named a “must-see” by Time Out Chicago and feted as “full of wit and zest” by the Chicago Tribune. Backed by a lively pianist, the comic musical performers of The Cupid Players perform songs and scenes developed by the cast. The production’s sketches combine sharp writing and catchy songs with a witty take on relationships, love and life. The result is a musical sketch show that is raunchy, sweet, cynical, touching, smart, inane and – above all – very, very funny. Stage 773 will host a special presentation of “Cupid in Your Pants” on February 14 at 8 p.m. Tickets are $35 and include a champagne toast and Goody “V-Bag”. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit Stage773.com or call 773.929.7367.
Have a rare and well done Valentine’s Day at Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille
- For the first time ever, Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille, 5 Oakbrook Ctr, Oak Brook, will offer a two-day, special prix fixe menu for Valentine’s Day weekend. The menu will feature a choice of soup or salad, choice of one entrée served with Whipped Potato Puree and Seasonal Vegetables, and a choice of one of Perry’s elegant desserts. The prix fixe menu is $59.95 per person before 5:30 p.m., and $74.95 per person after 5:30 p.m. that night. The Valentine's Day menu is offered both Friday, February 14 and Saturday, February 15. Perry’s will also feature live entertainment from 6 p.m. to close that night. Please note that the regular dinner menu will not be offered those dates. For reservations, please call 630.571.1808 or visit Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille website
Enjoy an epic fairytale at the Mercury Theater Chicago
- Mercury Theater Chicago, 3745 N Southport Ave., presents The Hypocrites' production INTO THE WOODS, directed by Geoff Button* with Musical Direction by Matt Deitchman, with a special performance on Friday, February 14 at 8 p.m. With music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and the book by James Lapine, The Hypocrites bring their heightened and playful sense of theatricality to the beloved musical INTO THE WOODS.For more information or to purchase tickets, please call 773.325.1700 or visit Mercury Theatre website .
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with laughter at First Folio Theatre
- Enjoya special Valentine’s Day performance of Tom Stoppard’shysterical farce ROUGH CROSSING at First Folio Theatre on February 14 at 8 p.m.Directed by Jeff Award nominee and First Folio Theatre favorite Alison C. Vesely, ROUGH CROSSING is a musical romp on the high seas. The Jazz Age musical is set in the early 30’s aboard the S.S. Italian Castle on its way to New York, while two playwrights struggle to finish their latest musical hit as they maneuver around a jealous composer, the screen star he loves, and her lothario co-star. Coupled with a delectable dinner at Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille at Oakbrook Center, ROUGH CROSSING is the perfect gift to treat your loved one on Valentine’s Day. First Folio Theatre is located at Mayslake Peabody Estate, 31st St. & Rt. 83. For tickets or more information, please call the box office at 630.986.8067 or visit First Folio Theatre website.
Need last minute Valentine help? Check
zipments, a new local delivery company that just launched in Chicago is delivering romance all over the city. Use their mobile app or website to send a gift or a last minute candy gram to someone special. Request a delivery from anywhere at anytime and track the status of your delivery in real-time. zipments uses professional couriers to deliver anything you need same day or even same hour.