Female or male wanted for legitimate work exchange for rent and utilities.
We have been doing this for many years and it works great as a true win-win situation for responsible, honest, punctual people who need flexibility in their lives for auditions, students, working from home, starting their own business, figuring what they want to do when they grow up or any other reason. It is not suitable for someone with a full time job.
There is full home use for tenant only, i.e. no guests are allowed at anytime. The deal here is that there are not guest privileges to keep it safer and more private for everyone.
NO SMOKERS, DRUG USERS OR HEAVY DRINKERS!
A $500 deposit deposit as well as references, are required.
We have a four step process:
- Phone interview.
- If the phone interview goes well then we do an in person interview and tour and application get filled out.
- If the in person interview goes well we connect the next day with final questions and then we work together for a day to see if we can work together well.
If that goes well, the person may move in provided they pass the background check and have the deposit.
As in any rental, I cannot hold a room without a deposit as well as cash or hours for the time the room is held. Therefore, if you are not looking for a rental soon, please contact us closer to the time you will need a place to see if something is still available.
- domestic - cooking, cleaning, laundry, organization
- office/personal assistant
- journalism, writing, editing
- computer work
- computer programing
- web design
- eBay sales
- internet ad sales
- PR, promotions
- handy person repair - restoration, construction
- or gardening
If you Love the idea of living in nature but only 3 minutes to Hollywood...
Then you can exchange your rent and utilities for 25 flexible hours of work per week.
You can earn a salary for hours you work above your exchange hours.
Great location in Laurel Canyon, 3 minutes to Sunset, 5 minutes to Ventura Blvd but a feeling that you are in the middle of the country. All you see from the windows are trees.
The home was built in 1912 as a hunting lodge for the vice president of Southern Pacific Railroad.
The home is decorated with antiques and has hardwood floors and a wood burning fireplace.
Living room and dining room
Kitchen looking to breakfast room
Stove area of kitchen
The library, has a large picture window looking out at beautiful trees and is 12'x12'.
There is a bathroom outside off the kitchen that is used for this room.
The room can be furnished or unfurnished.
The exchange covers the cost of:
· high speed internet
· The home has lots of hiking trails, if you want to hike on our trails you can go up the mountain and down in about 15-30 minutes depending on how far & fast you want to go.
Plenty of parking on private property. Some of the duties listed would be shared with others.
Here is a list of the office duties which will be for my online magazines if you have the interest, skills and experience:
· Being able to Multi-Task
· Prioritizing projects and completing them in a timely manner.
· Lots & Lots of organization.
· Lots of writing for my lifestyle magazines if you have the skills.
· Editing if you are able.
· Scheduling events and making sure articles are submitted correctly and on time from many journalists in 20 cities around the world.
· Ability to handle projects independently.
· Helping to coordinate and train journalists and interns both here and abroad.
· Organizing the work flow for the journalists who work for us from story conception to editing, posting and notifications of postings to PR contacts.
· Doing outreach for products to review.
· Organizing journalists and yourself if you want;to attend events like theaters, ballets, film screenings, spas, parties etc. Making sure that these people attend and turn in and post their articles.
· General administration and office work.
· Light phones.
· Public relations, marketing and sales if you have the experience.
· Posting calendar events.
· Article posting and writing if you are interested as well as attending almost any events, restaurants, spas, in LA that you are willing to review, as well as beauty products, hotels etc.
· Harvesting worldwide media and PR contacts - establishing and maintaining relationships with these contacts.
· Internet research.
· Internet sales
· Selling things on eBay
· Sales of online display ads
Here is a list of the domestic duties if you are interested and have the skills and experience although they are already being taken care of by others:
- The cooking is for me and my girlfriend and includes feeding us as many times a week as possible I prefer 3 meals & 2 snacks or 6 small meals and the majority of the food to be healthy i.e. raw fruits veggies and veggie juices, etc.. The meals may be pre-prepared as necessary. We are on a gluten free diet. (You may prepare your own food at the same time therefore in essence getting paid for doing something you would be doing anyway)
- Feeding my dog twice a day
- Making our bed daily
- General cleaning
- Home & closet organization
- Vacuuming our room daily to get rid of any dog hairs
- Taking out the trash daily
- Dusting the house as necessary
- Doing laundry weekly
- Shopping as necessary (you may purchase your own food at the same time therefore in essence getting paid for doing something you would be doing anyway)
Misc duties if you have the skills and experience:
• We have items to sell on eBay
• I have lots of things that need to be repaired including electrical, plumbing, skylights, plaster, paint, etc.
• I would like to restore our home
• We need to set up an online sales team
• We are working on online video shows and need spokespersons, editors, tech people
• We need computer programmers who know php and mySql
• We have an organic garden and lots of land for flower and bulb plantings
If interested, please respond with why you think this would be a mutually beneficial situation and include a resume and photo .