Twitter NewsBite: Sample street food, absinthe & 130+ wines @LAWineFest June 5 & 6; $65 day pass, $100 weekend. Tix @ http://www.lawinefest.com/
• Border Grill, Tasty Meat and The Sweets Truck among those providing meals on wheels at LA WineFest 2010
• ''Absinthe Appreciation'' by Nolan Kadoche of ABYSS, Authentic Superior Absinthe; Tickets $50
• Charity Poker Tournament with Lamborghini Travels will raise funds for Hollywood YMCA; buy-in is $250 and includes admission to LA WineFest
• LA WineFest general admisison tickets $65 (single one-day pass) or $100 (couples one-day or single weekend pass) at LAWineFest.com
Absinthe, food trucks, Lamborghini's and poker... while the 130+ wines at LA WineFest are sure to dominate, this year's Fest includes a wide array of tantalizing offerings for the palate and preoccupation.
New for LA WineFest 2010 are the following offerings and events:
• Tasty small plates prepared by LA's buzz-worthy food trucks by Border Grill, Tasty Meat and The Sweets Truck, as well as local restaurants La Piazza, Tsunami Sushi, Must Bar, and Lola's Restaurant. Plates start at just $2.
• Absinthe Education Class with Nolan Kadoche of ABYSS, Authentic Superior Absinthe. Sunday only, 1:00 -1:45 p.m.; $50 per person at LAWineFest.com.
• Charity Poker Tournament co-hosted by Lamborghini Travels. $250 buy-in includes general admission to LA WineFest; $100 re-buy. Play either Saturday or Sunday from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.; two sets of prizes. First prize is a $4,000 Diamond Limited Edition Lamborghini Watch. Tickets at LAWineFest.com.
Additional details for LA WineFest 2010 are as follows:
When: Saturday and Sunday, June 5th and 6th; 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. both days
Where: Raleigh Studios, 5300 Melrose Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90038
Tickets (Advance Purchase): $65 one-day pass (singles), $100 weekend pass (singles) or $100 one-day pass (couples); available at LAWineFest.com or local fine wine retailers. Tickets available at the door on the day of the event for $75 each.
Raffle: Wine, restaurant gift cards, luxury gift baskets, travel vouchers and other enticing items will be raffled off both Saturday and Sunday; minimum 10 raffle items each day. Raffle tickets are $5 each, available at the door.
Special Programs: Special classes on Absinthe appreciation, wine and cheese pairing, international wines, and bourbon, scotch and sake offered both days at 1:00 p.m. (prior to gates opening to the public); tickets available separately at LAWineFest.com or by calling (818) 429-6770.
Parking: Street parking (metered on Saturday) and paid parking available at Paramount Studios lots on Bronson and Van Ness. Metro accessible via Red Line; exit Vermont/Santa Monica and walk two blocks south, three blocks west.
The Viceroy Hotel Group is serving as official hotel partner for LA WineFest 2010, with special rates available at Avalon Beverly Hills and Maison 140 for LA WineFest guests and vendors. For rates or reservations, please contact Rachel Madison Hill at (323) 445-0425.
Other LA WineFest sponsors include LA Weekly, CRN Digital Talk Radio, Vin Village and Patterson’s The Tasting Panel magazine.
About LA WineFest
LA WineFest was founded in 2005 by renowned wine educator, columnist and Sommelier for the Escoffier Association of Southern California, Dr. Joel M. Fisher. LA WineFest is the largest wine tasting event in Los Angeles, with the dual mission of bringing wine education and enjoyment to Angelenos and supporting local charitable organizations.