Create:Fixate Presents "Dreams" - 12 Year Anniversary
Date: November 9, 2013
Arts organization Create:Fixate (C:F) presents Dreams on Saturday, November 9, 2013 at Lot 613 in Downtown Los Angeles. Beyond C:F’s signature blend of vibrant artwork and eclectic music produced by local talent, this show captures the mixed-medium spirit – with over 25 visual artists – that patrons have come to expect from these one-night-only events. The excitement begins at 4:00pm with a three-hour gallery preview. The main event starts at 7:00pm and closes at 2:00am. Admission is $15.00 before 9:00pm and $20.00 for the remainder of the night.
The evening begins with a preview of the exhibit from 4:00pm to 7:00pm. There is a $5 suggested donation during this period, however, children twelve-years old and younger are allowed free entry. Parents are encouraged to bring the whole family during the preview hours and take advantage of the Kids Kreativity Zone. Overflowing with art supplies, the Zone provides a supervised space where youth can dive into their own expression while parents explore the exhibit. While all ages are welcome during the preview, attendees must be at least 21-years old to enter after 7:00pm.
Optical Lounge highlights include:
• Dytch 66 – The artist was easily influenced by the West Coast life-style of skateboarding, break-dancing, and graffiti art. Graffiti became a way of life, and the artist known today as Dytch, was born.
• Mallory Morrison – Her use of dancers in an underwater environment allows Morrison to challenge the boundaries of photographing people – utilizing weightlessness to tell stories, which explore the depths of movement and composition.
• Lindsay Carron – The artist utilizes ballpoint pen to render invigorating life-size depictions of the beautiful creatures of our earth. Carron is an art activist working and living in Venice, California and traversing the globe, bringing animal (and human) rights issues to the forefront through her energetic and passionate art.
• Tewsr – His hybrid style of graffiti art melded with an air of realism continually pushes the boundaries of traditional aerosol art and illustration.
The Audio Lab, otherwise known as the music portion of the evening, completes Create:Fixate’s vision. Musical highlights for the evening include:
• Adm Collins – A veteran in the tech-house scenes in Chicago and New York, Collins will delve deep, playing his own edits and productions. Get ready for a feast of his Brooklyn Beats.
• Valida – When DJing, Valida’s specialty is a seamless blend of music styles with a reputation for fearlessly fusing everything from disco to country and beyond.
• Holloys – The band is best known for their ever evolving sound, drawn from a diverse range of cultural traditions and musical genres, which culminate with its beat-heavy blend of trance, dance, disco punk, and Afropop.
• GG 4Tet – Led by composer/saxophonist Geoff Gallegos, the band also includes Shaunte Palmer on trombone, JP Maramba on bass, and Cesar Ventura on drums. While each cat can play across genres, their Create:Fixate set will be all about a jazz thing.
At Lot 613 (613 Imperial St., Los Angeles, CA 90017)
You can also visit the event's website at: www.createfixate.com
Back to November Events