It’s a big news day here at Hubbard Street. We’re sharing four major announcements in advance of single tickets going on sale at 10am Monday, August 19.
• A 12th World Premiere by Resident Choreographer Alejandro Cerrudo has been added to the Fall Series, October 10--13 at the Harris Theater, joining New Work by Robyn Mineko Williams, announced yesterday as the winner of a 2013 Choreography Fellowship from the Princess Grace Foundation--USA. Costumes for Williams’ work are by fashion designer Hogan McLaughlin. Completing the program are works by master choreographers Ohad Naharin and Mats Ek.
• Two esteemed dancers have joined the main company for Season 36: Bryna Pascoe, formerly of Les Grands Ballets Canadiens de Montréal, and Andrew Murdock, most recently of Aszure Barton & Artists. Emilie Leriche has been promoted from Hubbard Street 2, which itself announces three new members: Andrea Thompson of Maplewood, New Jersey; Odbayar Batsuuri of Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia; and Adrienne Lipson of London, Ontario, Canada.
• The winners of Hubbard Street’s 14th Annual National Choreographic Competition are Alex Soares of São Paulo, Brazil and Loni Landon of New York City. Like Williams, Landon also received a 2013 Choreography Fellowship from the Princess Grace Foundation--USA. Both artists will create new works for Hubbard Street 2 premiering early in 2014.
• For the first 48 hours they’re on sale, single tickets to Hubbard Street’s Season 36 performances at the Harris Theater are just $48. This special, limited-time offer represents savings of up to $51 per ticket, good for all four Chicago programs.
Photos: Fourteen relevant, hi-resolution images + a PDF with complete caption information are available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gh5gbxt19bbnts9/obz1rNcm0m
Video: New on YouTube: Videos of Hubbard Street dancers in a duet and solo from Casi-Casa by Mats Ek, and a mini documentary by dancers and staff about the company’s spring 2013 cultural diplomacy tour to Algeria, Morocco and Spain.
Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have questions, need additional materials, or would like to schedule an interview or studio visit. Please also consider these three community events for your calendar listings and newsletters:
• Hubbard Street’s Youth Dance Program, for children ages 18 months to 16 years and focused on the choreographic process, offers an Open House on September 7 from 9 am--3pm. Twenty-one trial classes, 30 minutes each, will be provided FREE of charge to allow children, parents and caregivers the opportunity to meet faculty, ask questions and determine which program offerings are right for them. Those who register during this Open House for the program’s 2013 Fall Session will save 10 percent.
• The Lou Conte Dance Studio, directed by founding Hubbard Street Dancer Claire Bataille, offers its next Open House event on October 27 from 11am--3pm. FREE 60-minute trial classes will be available in numerous techniques. All attendees will receive two-for-one passes for the Fall Session, and are invited to enter a raffle drawing for prizes including a ten-class card, Hubbard Street merchandise and tickets to company performances.
• Hubbard Street’s partnership with the Art Institute of Chicago enters its fifth year with special presentations November 14 and December 5, themed on the museum’s collection of Old Masters, FREE with admission. Additional AIC partnership dates for 2014 are to be announced.
As always, thanks for your time and consideration. Very best,
Manager of Communication
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago
desk: 312-850-9744 X 136 | fax: 312-455-8240
1147 W Jackson Blvd | Chicago IL 60607-2905
Season 36 on sale now
Four mainstage series at the Harris Theater
Oct 10--13, Dec 12--15, 2013
Mar 13--16, Jun 5--8, 2014
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Spotify